1. Playing with her squeaky little tennis ball. Leila loves playing with her tennis balls whether it is by us playing fetch with her or her entertaining herself by throwing it around. She always squeaks her toys at the most inconvenient times like when I am on an important business call and she is following me around squeaking nonstop.
2. Drinking out of the toilet. Sadie never ever drank out of the toilet. She was a much cleaner, higher class dog than Leila and would never stoop so low as to drink out of the toilet bowl.
3. Sitting on my head while I am sleeping. I find that Leila loves to sit on top of my head while I am sleeping in bed. I am not sure if she is trying to share my pillow with me or if she is trying to wake me up but this is a very disgusting habit that needs to come to an end. I do not enjoy waking up to the smell and feel of a dog butt on my face.
4. Peeing in the hallway upstairs. Leila has been sleeping with us instead of in her crate lately and while she will sleep with us through the night I always wake up to find a little pee puddle on the hallway carpet. This is very irritating because she is potty trained and knows to go outside but I think she gets lazy and does not want to go downstairs or might be unable to hold it after sleeping for so long. We have also had many rainstorms lately and I think she doesn’t want to go out in the rain.
5. Leila likes to take her messy bones and chew them on everything! I once found her chewing a very messy bone on my newly washed white comforter leaving stain marks on it. She also enjoys chewing these messy bones on blankets, couches, clothing and even on my computer and cell phone.
6. Leila likes to destroy my most valuable possessions. As I mentioned in a previous post Leila likes to go after my most expensive shoes, clothing and electronic items when cheaper alternatives are very close by.
7. Biting my toes. My toes are very sensitive and having this unruly beast biting my toes while I am sleeping or working on my computer really does hurt.
8. Eating poop. This is by far her worst quality. She enjoys eating other dog’s poop as well as her own. Originally she would eat poop if she was hungry but now enjoys a tasty treat even when her bowl is full. Of course as I am writing this and looking at her with a nice log in her mouth.
9. Jumping on me and scratching my face. Leila enjoys jumping and climbing all over people and pawing them right in the face. She has very fast growing nails and no matter how often I cut them she always manages to leave people with a nice scratch down their face.
10. Finally Leila is always her craziest right before bed time. We usually take Leila out at night to help get rid of some of her energy so that she will come upstairs and sleep with us. No matter how long we spend outside with her playing fetch she always comes back home crazier than when we left. She will then start running around the house like a mad woman when moments before she was laying outside too tired to continue chasing her ball.
Leila is an odd character and definitely needs to learn some manners. I do love her and deal with all of her misfortunes she brings me but I am happy that she is in my life and helping me through the loss of Sadie. I really do love that little squirt.
If you liked this post check out Leila’s Favorite Toys